Spring Concert Dates 2015
Small Groups Concert (jazz ensemble, wind ensemble, percussion ensemble)
Tuesday, May 12th at 7:00pm (students please arrive at 6:40pm)
Symphonic Band Concert
Tuesday, May 19th at 7:00pm (students please arrive at 6:40pm)
Please note that the Eighth Grade Graduation date has not yet been determined, but the band will perform at this function as well.
Band Student Expectations
In order to maintain our very high standards, NCS Band Members must meet the following minimum expectations to remain members "in good standing":
- Students must be enrolled in lessons and must attend the majority of their scheduled lessons.
- Students must be on time for all scheduled rehearsals and performances.
- Students must care for their instrument and music. This includes having extra reeds and having broken instruments fixed within a reasonable time. Also, students will be assigned a band room locker for their instrument; the instrument must be placed in its closed case inside the assigned locker at the conclusion of all rehearsals.
- Students are expected to prepare band music through home practice.
- Students are expected to follow basic school behavior guidelines.
Students who do not meet these minimum expectations will be informed that they are not "in good standing." A three week trial period will then ensue during which time students may show that they can correct any prior insufficiencies. If requirements are still not met adequately, students will lose membership privileges.
Band Concert Dates
Band concert dates will be posted here very soon. Please check back.
Winter Band Concert 2012
Enjoy our holiday form our holiday concert from december 2012!!!
Winter Band Concert 2011
This the link to youtube for the concert. Enjoy :)
South Jersey Band Audition Requirements
The All South Jersey Band holds its annual audition every year in late January. The audition consists of a designated solo piece and a set of memorized scales. Please see the website SJBODA.org for more detailed requirements.
Because the audition is so rigorous, NCS has developed monthly benchmarks to help students prepare.
By the end of October the student must play the entire audition for Mr. Cook. (This may be done by appointment after school.)
By the end of November the student must play four scales from memory and must play the solo at all indicated tempi.
By the end of December the student must play 8 scales from memory and the solo with all indicated dynamics and articulation.
By the end of January the student must play all scales from memory and the solo up to tempo with all dynamic and articulation.
Students who do not meet all benchmarks will not be allowed to audition.